1. Place the carrier in front of you so that the inside solid colored cotton fabric and the white warning label are facing out and the decorative fabric is facing towards your body.
2. Put the waist straps around your waist and fasten the buckle at your back (make sure you hear a click!)
3. Tighten the waist straps so that the carrier is tight and comfortable. Usually it's most ergonomic to wear the carrier as high as possible.
4. Fix the adjusting belt around the panel: around the middle section for newborn baby or around the bottom part for a bigger baby. Read more tips on adjusting the panel here.
5. Hold the baby and guide her legs slightly apart.
6. Lift up the panel and put the shoulder straps on one at a time. Support the baby with your other hand. The panel forms a pouch for baby's bottom.
7. Fix the small strap at your upper back. You can reach the strap more easily when the shoulder straps are a little loose. If you can't reach the strap, loosen the shoulder straps a little more. If the small strap has been slipped from it's place and it's now hanging loose too low, please read the instructions on how to lock the neck strap on place.
8. Tighten the neck strap. The purpose of this small strap is to prevent the shoulder straps from slipping from your shoulders. The tightness of the neck strap will also change the location of shoulder straps on the shoulders.
9. Tighten both shoulder straps a little but leave them still slightly loose. Pull from the webbings that hang closest to the sides of the panel.
10. Adjust the width of the panel: tighten the adjusting belt, pull both webbings but one at a time. The panel should go from baby's knee-pit to knee-pit and baby should be able to bend her knees. A newborn baby often likes to keep her legs quite close to each other. A bigger baby take a wider position with her legs more open. The adjusting belt should be under baby's bottom. If the belt is too tight and the panel is too narrow, you can loosen the belt: push the webbing back into the buckle or lift the edge of the buckle slightly.
11. Guide baby’s legs to more ergonomic M-positon: put your hands inside the panel and guide baby’s bottom deep into the carrier. Lift her legs up under the knee-pits. This is called a ”pelvic tuck technique”. Baby's knees should be higher (or at the same level) as her bottom.
12. Make the final tightening for the shoulder straps. Baby should be resting snuggly against you. The panel is supporting baby's back and neck and the panel doesn't seem to be too loose. Baby should still be able to easily turn her head and move the hands inside the carrier.
13. Fold the curved upper edge of the panel behind baby's neck, if the panel seems too high or you want to add some more support behind baby's neck. The panel should go slighty over baby's neck & up to her earlobe. Make sure baby's face is always visible. The baby is at the suitable level when you are able to kiss her head.
14. If needed you can use these PFA buckles to tighten the upper parts of the panel and help baby settle closer to you.
15. With the Wompat LITE baby carrier you can also wear the shoulder straps crossed on the back. Many parents find crisscrossing the straps quite comfortable. This style is recommended if you have narrow shoulders or if the traditional way is not comfortable for you or just for a change.
These terms are valid from 14.5.2020 on.
Liinalapsi Oy is the seller of the online shops Liinalapsi.fi and Wearababy.com. The shop is selling products to private person of legal age and to companies world wide with the following exceptions:
To United States we ship: Vanamo woven wraps and ring slings, Girasol baby wraps, Wompat SSC baby carriers, Wompat ILO baby carriers, Wompat wrap tai carriers, bags, fabrics and accessories.
Minimum order to United Kingdom is 135 GBP (about 155 Euros) and the value is calculated from the VAT free prices. You will be able to see the VAT 0 % prices after logging in and typing your shipping address. The customer will pay for the taxes and possible customs fees at receipt.
All prices are in euros and are inclusive of VAT when the shipping address is in the EU area. VAT shall be deducted from the orders outside EU. Shipping costs are added to the price. Liinalapsi Oy reserves the right to change the prices and shipping costs. Changes to the shipping costs made by post will be applied in times notified by post.
Customer returns and fabrics for custom made baby carriers shall be sent to the following address. You may also collect the orders from Wearababy’s warehouse or visit us to see different product alternatives. Please make an appointment beforehand!
Products are ordered by adding them to the shopping cart and making payment at the online payment service. You may also order by email: email@example.com Let us know all the details of your order, your shipping address, phone number and the preferred method of payment. Custom made products can only be ordered by email.
All customer information are processed confidentially. Your contact information are not used for any other purpose than delivery of your order or contacting you, if there are any confusion or problems with the order, unless mentioned otherwise. The customer agrees to the terms and conditions valid at the time of each order.
Available methods of payment are international bank transfer, PayPal and Paytrail which offers online bank payments (Finnish banks), Apple Pay and credit cards (Visa, Visa Electron, Mastercard, American Express).
At the check out process when you offer personal information, you will agree to the terms and conditions of Checkout Finland. By clicking the "Buy" button you will agree to the general terms and conditions of Wearababy.
After we have received your order we will immediately send you an order confirmation by email, where you will be able to see all the details of your order. Please always check the content of order confirmation. If you have any questions, please contact our customer service immediately. Save the onder confirmation for the future, if you need to contact us. While contacting the customer service, always keep your order id number and customer id number available. Please check that the content of the delivery matches with the products at order confirmation.
The contact information for our customer service are:
We aim to reply to all emails within two business days. In case you do not receive a reply, please call or send SMS/Whatsapp or resend the email and check that your email is functioning (junk mail folder!). We inform about possible vacations and delays at the front page.
The delivery costs include shipping and packing costs. We will show an estimate of delivery costs at the shopping cart according to the primary delivery method available. You will be able to see the accurate delivery costs after you have chosen the payment and delivery methods that you want. The available delivery methods depend on the content of your shopping cart and the total weight. You may choose the delivery method best suited to you at check out. You will then see the exact cost of that delivery method. In Finland we deliver by Posti and Matkahuolto. In Europe the delivery options are GLS and UPS. Outside of Europe we deliver by Post Priority, Post EMS and UPS.
Our most common delivery times depend on the content of the order and delivery method. Any exceptions on the delivery time estimate is told, if there are any products in the shopping cart that are out of stock and we will inform you also about all possible delays immediately after order. We will not be liable for delays caused by force majeure or by changes beyond our control.
All in-stock products are usually shipped within 1-2 business days after your payment is cleared. We usually ship on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Small variation in shipping dates is possible due to vacations and national holidays. Any longer delays in shipping times is informed on the front page of our online shop. In Finland the delivery time is usually 2-5 business days. In Europe 3-5 business days by GLS or 1-2 days by UPS. Delivery time to United States, Canada and Asian countries is usually 2-3 business days by UPS or 1-2 weeks by Post EMS.
You have the right to cancel this agreement within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period ends within 14 days starting from the day you received the last shipment, or in the case of downloadable products, from the moment you received the order.
In order to exercise the right of withdrawal, you must notify us of your decision to cancel the agreement in an unambiguous way (for example, by mail or by email). You can also use our printable return form, but its use is not mandatory.
To comply with the deadline for withdrawal, it is sufficient that you submit your notice of cancellation before the end of the withdrawal period.
Return of a defective product – No costs to the customer:
If the product you have ordered is defective or if you have received a wrong product you are entitled to cancel the order within 14 days of the receipt of the product. The product should be returned within 14 days after the cancellation. Liinalapsi will then pay for the costs of the return and compensate the paid product price and shipping costs to the customer. The compensation shall be payable after we have received the product and checked its condition. The returned product must be unused, unwashed and in its original condition. Please send the cancellation notice by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, contact information, order number and account number in case you paid by wire transfer. Identify also the defect in the product. We will arrange a pick up with the courier (GLS, UPS) and they will usually pick up the delivery during business hours. It is also possible to send the product by using your local postal service and inform us the tracking code and the shipping cost for the compensation.
Product returns shall be sent to:
Liinalapsi is not responsible if the returned product is damaged because of negligent packaging.
Cancelling and returning an order – Return costs payable by the customer:
Did you not like the color of the baby sling? Or did the baby carrier not feel good? Don’t worry, you are entitled to cancel the order within 14 days after receipt of the product. The product must be returned to us within 14 days after the cancellation is sent. The returned product must be unused, unwashed and in its original condition. Please send the cancellation notice by email: email@example.com and include your name, contact information, order number and bank account number in case you paid by bank transfer. Customer shall pay for the costs of return. We will compensate you the price of product + original shipping costs. The compensation shall be payable after we have received the product and checked its condition. Return the product by post as a package and inform us the tracking code. Return post fare in Finland is 7,90€.
If the customer does not pick up the delivery and does not send us a cancellation notification within 14 days from receiving the order, we will charge the customer all the costs of delivery: cost of sending the order to the customer as well as the return postage costs.
If you have any questions about our products or ordering, we are happy to help you. You may contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp. You can also call us during business hours (9 AM to 4 PM). If ordering at our online shop does not work for some reason, you can also send the order by e-mail.
If you need help using our products or caring for them, please contact us!
If your order is missing or broken during the delivery, or you receive a faulty product, you will have to inform us within 14 days by writing. If the package is clearly damaged during transportation, please contact the delivery courier immediatelly.
The products manufactured by Liinalapsi (Wompat baby carrier, Vanamo baby wrap and ring sling and Wompat bags) are granted a product warranty of one year from the date of order confirmation. The warranty covers the defects due to manufacturing and material. The warranty shall not cover defects due to improper or uninstructed use or handling of the product.
Defect liability of Liinalapsi shall be according to the Finnish consumer protection act. The liability of Liinalapsi shall be limited to the purchase price of the product. Liinalapsi shall not be responsible for any indirect or consequential damages. The foregoing shall not limit the liability of Liinalapsi according to the Finnish consumer protection act.
These terms and conditions and any order of customer shall be governed by Finnish law, excluding however the applicability of CISG.
Any disagreements concerning the contract shall be primarily solved by negotiations. If the disagreement may not be solved by negotiations, you may take the dispute to the Consumer Disputes Board (www.kuluttajariita.fi). Before taking the matter to the Consumer Disputes Board you should contact the consumer advisors at Logal Register Offices (www.kuluttajaneuvonta.fi). Competent court shall be a city court of either customer’s or Liinalapsi’s domicile in Finland or, if customer does not have a domicile in Finland, city court of Liinalapsi’s domicile.