The infant support can only be used with the baby size Wompat Baby Carrier with a pointy sleep hood. Infant support can not be used with any other Wompat carrier size or model.
You can carry the baby at the front, the baby facing towards the parent. Baby should always be in the upright position. Carry a small baby high against your chest: baby's bottom at the same level with your belly button & baby's head close enough to be kissed. Carry the baby in an ergonomic M-position: baby's knees higher or at the same level as her bottom.
The instructions below are suitable for a baby under 2 months (3,5-5 kg / 7-11 lbs.). Attach the whole infant insert inside the Wompat carrier. Place the pillow of the infant insert into the pocket at the base of the insert. At the last picture you can see how the baby should settle in the infant insert. While baby grows bigger you can start using just the pillow under baby's bottom with the panel adjustment belt.
1. Attach the infant insert inside the panel of Wompat carrier. Open the buckles of the shoulder straps. At the upper edge of the infant insert are two elastic loops: put the shoulder straps through these loops. At the sides of the infant insert are two elastic loops: put the side buckles of the Wompat carrier through these loops. Fix the panel adjustment belt around the bottom part of the Wompat panel. Make sure the pillow is properly placed inside it's pocket.
2. Put the waist belt around your waist, as high as possible, and fasten the buckle at your back. Tighten the straps one at a time. If the strap feels stiff, hold close to the buckle and pull firmly. The waist should be quite tight but still feel comfortable for you.
3. Fix the buckles of the shoulder straps to their counterparts at the side of the panel. Adjust the black straps so that the buckle will be located about 10-15 cm from the end of the shoulder strap fabric. Leave the strap towards the panel looser.
4. Fix the small neck straps around the shoulder strap paddings by sliding the small buckles closer to the shoulder strap. The optimal location of the neck strap is between your shoulder blades at your upper back - not behind your neck!
5. The infant insert is now in it's pace.
6. Hold the baby against your chest. Guide baby's legs slightly apart. Baby can take her natural M-position. A very small baby often likes to keep her legs closer to each other.
7. Support the baby with your one hand and lift the panel up with your other hand. Baby's bottom should rest on top of the pillow inside the infant insert. Baby's legs will be under the panel in the natural M-position, baby's knees heading towards the parent.
8. Lift up the shoulder straps one by one. Support the baby with one hand on the carrier fabric.
9. Lift up the other shoulder strap as well.
10. Fix the small neck strap. You can bend slightly backwards so that baby will rest towards your body while you fix the strap.
11. Put your hands inside the carrier and inside the infant insert and guide baby's bottom into the base of the infant insert on top of the small pillow. Make sure the infant insert is located as low as possible inside the carrier panel: hold the upper edge of the panel & pull up and at the same time guide the infant insert downwards with your other hand.
12. Tighten the shoulder straps by pulling the black straps forward.
13. Tighten also the other shoulder strap. Baby should be resting snuggly against your body and there should not be any room between you and the baby. The Wompat panel is supporting baby's back. The padded sides of the infant insert should be against the sides of your body, and supporting baby sideways.
14. Legs of a small baby will stay inside the panel.
15. When baby grows she will be needing more room for her legs. In this picture the baby needs more room for her legs because her legs are resting towards the waist belt. Now it is time to adjust the panel narrower.
16. Use the panel adjustment belt around the panel to make the panel smaller/narrower. Pull both straps one at a time. If you are pulling both straps at the same time, they will not get tighter. Tighten both straps so that the panel will be symmetrical.
17. When baby grows her legs will naturally take more wide M-position and the legs will come out from the sides of the panel. Make sure there is enough room for baby's legs and tighten the panel adjusting belt more if needed.
18. Tighten the upper part of the panel under the sleep hood. This will give better support for baby's neck.
19. The panel fabric is supporting baby from the top to bottom and there are no loose sections of fabric. Baby's back is round and she is resting snuggly against you.
20. If needed tighten the "Perfect fit" buckles - baby will settle closer to you.
21. The optimal place for the neck strap is between the shoulder blades. The neck strap helps to keep the shoulder straps on place and away from your arm pits.
22. If more support is needed for baby's neck, you can use the padded upper section of the infant insert for that. Loosen the adjusting strap under the sleep hoodie first.
23. Fold the upper edge of infant insert under the carrier panel and place it behind baby's neck.
24. Baby's face should always be visible and her nose free - the nose should not be tightly pressed against you.
26. Taking the baby out: open the neck strap. If you can't reach the buckle, loosen the shoulder straps a little.
27. Lay down the panel. Support the baby with your other hand.
28. You can also put the carrier on by sitting on a chair. Make the preparations according to steps 1-5 and place the carrier on your legs. Lay the baby in the middle of the panel, baby's bottom over the small pillow at the base of the infant insert.
29. Lift up the baby and the carrier and place them against your chest. Then put the shoulder straps on one by one. Support the baby all the time with one hand. Fasten the neck strap and proceed with steps 11-25.
These terms are valid from 14.5.2020 on.
Liinalapsi Oy is the seller of the online shops Liinalapsi.fi and Wearababy.com. The shop is selling products to private person of legal age and to companies world wide with the following exceptions:
To United States we ship: Vanamo woven wraps and ring slings, Girasol baby wraps, Wompat SSC baby carriers, Wompat ILO baby carriers, Wompat wrap tai carriers, bags, fabrics and accessories.
Minimum order to United Kingdom is 135 GBP (about 155 Euros) and the value is calculated from the VAT free prices. You will be able to see the VAT 0 % prices after logging in and typing your shipping address. The customer will pay for the taxes and possible customs fees at receipt.
All prices are in euros and are inclusive of VAT when the shipping address is in the EU area. VAT shall be deducted from the orders outside EU. Shipping costs are added to the price. Liinalapsi Oy reserves the right to change the prices and shipping costs. Changes to the shipping costs made by post will be applied in times notified by post. Please note: if your shipping address is outside EU, you will pay for the taxes and possible customs fees at receipt.
You can change the currency at the top left corner (computer screen) or the menu at the top right corner (mobile screen). By changing the currency you can easily check the costs in your currency. Please note that during check out the currency will be in Euros and we will accept payment only in Euros.
Customer returns and fabrics for custom made baby carriers shall be sent to the following address. You may also collect the orders from Wearababy’s warehouse. Please make an appointment beforehand!
Products are ordered by adding them to the shopping cart and making payment at the online payment service. You may also order by email: email@example.com Let us know all the details of your order, your shipping address, phone number and the preferred method of payment. Custom made products can only be ordered by email.
All customer information are processed confidentially. Your contact information are not used for any other purpose than delivery of your order or contacting you, if there are any confusion or problems with the order, unless mentioned otherwise. The customer agrees to the terms and conditions valid at the time of each order.
Available methods of payment are international bank transfer, PayPal and Paytrail which offers online bank payments (Finnish banks), Apple Pay and credit cards (Visa, Visa Electron, Mastercard, American Express).
At the check out process when you offer personal information, you will agree to the terms and conditions of Checkout Finland. By clicking the "Buy" button you will agree to the general terms and conditions of Wearababy.
After we have received your order we will immediately send you an order confirmation by email, where you will be able to see all the details of your order. Please always check the content of order confirmation. If you have any questions, please contact our customer service immediately. Save the onder confirmation for the future, if you need to contact us. While contacting the customer service, always keep your order id number and customer id number available. Please check that the content of the delivery matches with the products at order confirmation.
The contact information for our customer service are:
We aim to reply to all emails within two business days. In case you do not receive a reply, please call or send SMS/Whatsapp or resend the email and check that your email is functioning (junk mail folder!). We inform about possible vacations and delays at the front page.
The delivery costs include shipping and packing costs. We will show an estimate of delivery costs at the shopping cart according to the primary delivery method available. You will be able to see the accurate delivery costs after you have chosen the payment and delivery methods that you want. The available delivery methods depend on the content of your shopping cart and the total weight. You may choose the delivery method best suited to you at check out. You will then see the exact cost of that delivery method. In Finland we deliver by Posti and Matkahuolto. In Europe the delivery options are GLS and UPS. Outside of Europe we deliver by Post Priority, Post EMS and UPS.
Our most common delivery times depend on the content of the order and delivery method. Any exceptions on the delivery time estimate is told, if there are any products in the shopping cart that are out of stock and we will inform you also about all possible delays immediately after order. We will not be liable for delays caused by force majeure or by changes beyond our control.
All in-stock products are usually shipped within 1-3 business days after your payment is cleared. We usually ship on Mondays and Thursdays. Small variation in shipping dates is possible due to vacations and national holidays. Any longer delays in shipping times is informed on the front page of our online shop. In Finland the delivery time is usually 2-6 business days. In Europe 3-6 business days by GLS or 1-4 days by UPS. Delivery time to United States, Canada and Asian countries is usually 2-4 business days by UPS or 1-2 weeks by Post EMS.
You have the right to cancel this agreement within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period ends within 14 days starting from the day you received the last shipment, or in the case of downloadable products, from the moment you received the order.
In order to exercise the right of withdrawal, you must notify us of your decision to cancel the agreement in an unambiguous way (for example, by mail or by email). You can also use our printable return form, but its use is not mandatory.
To comply with the deadline for withdrawal, it is sufficient that you submit your notice of cancellation before the end of the withdrawal period.
Return of a defective product – No costs to the customer:
If the product you have ordered is defective or if you have received a wrong product you are entitled to cancel the order within 14 days of the receipt of the product. The product should be returned within 14 days after the cancellation. Liinalapsi will then pay for the costs of the return and compensate the paid product price and shipping costs to the customer. The compensation shall be payable after we have received the product and checked its condition. The returned product must be unused, unwashed and in its original condition. Please send the cancellation notice by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, contact information, order number and account number in case you paid by wire transfer. Identify also the defect in the product. We will arrange a pick up with the courier (GLS, UPS) and they will usually pick up the delivery during business hours. It is also possible to send the product by using your local postal service and inform us the tracking code and the shipping cost for the compensation.
Product returns shall be sent to:
Liinalapsi is not responsible if the returned product is damaged because of negligent packaging.
Cancelling and returning an order – Return costs payable by the customer:
Did you not like the color of the baby sling? Or did the baby carrier not feel good? Don’t worry, you are entitled to cancel the order within 14 days after receipt of the product. The product must be returned to us within 14 days after the cancellation is sent. The returned product must be unused, unwashed and in its original condition. Please send the cancellation notice by email: email@example.com and include your name, contact information, order number and bank account number in case you paid by bank transfer. Customer shall pay for the costs of return. We will compensate you the price of product + original shipping costs. The compensation shall be payable after we have received the product and checked its condition. Return the product by post as a package and inform us the tracking code. Return post fare in Finland is 7,90€.
If the customer does not pick up the delivery and does not send us a cancellation notification within 14 days from receiving the order, we will charge the customer all the costs of delivery: cost of sending the order to the customer as well as the return postage costs.
If you have any questions about our products or ordering, we are happy to help you. You may contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp. You can also call us during business hours (9 AM to 4 PM). If ordering at our online shop does not work for some reason, you can also send the order by e-mail.
If you need help using our products or caring for them, please contact us!
If your order is missing or broken during the delivery, or you receive a faulty product, you will have to inform us within 14 days by writing. If the package is clearly damaged during transportation, please contact the delivery courier immediatelly.
The products manufactured by Liinalapsi (Wompat baby carrier, Vanamo baby wrap and ring sling and Wompat bags) are granted a product warranty of one year from the date of order confirmation. The warranty covers the defects due to manufacturing and material. The warranty shall not cover defects due to improper or uninstructed use or handling of the product.
Defect liability of Liinalapsi shall be according to the Finnish consumer protection act. The liability of Liinalapsi shall be limited to the purchase price of the product. Liinalapsi shall not be responsible for any indirect or consequential damages. The foregoing shall not limit the liability of Liinalapsi according to the Finnish consumer protection act.
These terms and conditions and any order of customer shall be governed by Finnish law, excluding however the applicability of CISG.
Any disagreements concerning the contract shall be primarily solved by negotiations. If the disagreement may not be solved by negotiations, you may take the dispute to the Consumer Disputes Board (www.kuluttajariita.fi). Before taking the matter to the Consumer Disputes Board you should contact the consumer advisors at Logal Register Offices (www.kuluttajaneuvonta.fi). Competent court shall be a city court of either customer’s or Liinalapsi’s domicile in Finland or, if customer does not have a domicile in Finland, city court of Liinalapsi’s domicile.